Sunday, January 8, 2017

Hajimemashite (Nice to meet you)

WELCOME TO THE TEA PARTY!

I have always liked Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland,  The strange logic of the book worked its magic on me and made me wish there were better sequels than Through the Looking Glass.  Now when it comes to Asia and my love for Asian culture and languages, I feel a bit of out place like Alice.  I try to enjoy the party going on, even if I don't all of what is happening.

I am dedicating this blog to my love of languages and my passion for Asian pop culture.  I will be posting Kpop, Mandarin pop, and Jpop reviews, as well as recommending movies and anime for people to watch.

I have a 12 year plan.  I plan to learn Spanish first, then Japanese and Korean, and finally Mandarin by the time I am 50.  I try to study a little bit each day, just enough to have fun.  I highly recommend websites like memrise.com for learning words and phrases, and www.lang-8.com for blogging in a language you are learning.  For cheap tutoring through Skype, I use www.italki.com.  Some of the tutors only charge 6.00 for a hour session.  The Spanish lessons are cheaper than the Korean lessons, but it is possible to find Korean lessons starting at $10.00.

Want to see something reviewed?  Know something cool about another culture that few people know?  Feel free to email me and I might feature it in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment