Monday, January 22, 2018

Lady Wisdom vs. Lady Folly 1/22-28


Dear Lady Folly

I can't believe I let you kiss me
with those poison lips
The fates warned me about you
with signs too obvious to miss.

I hang on your every word
As wind propels the bird
So I let your every whim
carry me until I had lost home.

You will not be adding me
to your endless list of victims
I will stand with wisdom
and enjoy a good homecooked meal.

I got this image from the imagery of Proverbs with folly being a woman who devours the innocent.
 
Young men (and women) are supposed to avoid the temptations that lure in the simple.  There is a price for the pleasure.

Folly says,
 
To those who have no sense she says,
17     “Stolen water is sweet;
    food eaten in secret is delicious!”
18 But little do they know that the dead are there,
    that her guests are deep in the realm of the dead.

2 comments:

  1. I'm bleesing or Repay for.

    I corrected your sentence!
    Is it song or poem?
    It difficult for me that I corrected it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A poem...thank you for reading and leaving a comment

      Delete