Monday, January 8, 2018

Poetry Slam week 1 (Jan 1-7)

I have decided to post my poems here on my blog.  I rediscovered this blog I made about a year ago.  I will update it weekly with new poems written in English.  Please leave comments.

I have several goals this year:

1. Learn to speak Spanish
2. Learn to speak Japanese
3. Write a poem once a week
4. Get healthy

Please tell me what you think about my poems.  I welcome criticism.

Noxious Dreams by Thomas Daniel Rogers

Time steals what it can't kill
As the raging river pours every drop of strength
into the gaping maw of a bottomless sea

Looking up at the stars hurts my neck
As I strain to see the faintest twinkle
The trails of dust leave me with a cough.

This heart is shackled by impossible dreams
Its beat slows under the growing weight
of eternity.

The sweetest of wines has become a poison
Kissing the lips before biting the belly.
It tempts you with promises of ending the pain.

Groaning I cut the chains of the past
As I raise my hands to block the sun
I throw my into today, pushing one load at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment